Tuesday 31 January 2012

Interactive - Digital Me - Typography

Here are text fonts I have considered when designing my web portfolio.

When looking for appropriate fonts to use on my portfolio, I referred a lot to my mood board because this contained a feel and tone I was trying to portray. To me some colours and textures reflected a certain feel and tone so I matched the mood board to fonts. I am still uncertain to which I will use in the final site but have narrowed it down to that of a similar style and will take on board feedback to come to a final decision.
I first must decide which font to use for the different sections, for example it wouldn't look balanced if the headers title font was the same as the other headings in regards to other formatting as well as font. The header title font should reflect the overall tone of the site and the smaller text be more geared to portraying information and ease of reading.
For instance a more complicated header font can be used because the viewer of the site already knows why they are there so a title is merely a formality.






No comments:

Post a Comment