Friday 23 September 2011

Multimedia Review


As part of my pre-induction task into Multimedia at Nottingham Trent University, I was asked to write a short review of a graduate's work which interests and appeals to me, it also includes a personal indication of my future career and pursuits.

Multimedia initially interested me as a subject because of the diversity of applications in digital media. This may range from Video Production to Graphic Design for use on web design. These appealed to me as I have a wide range of interests including Music, Photography and Digital Art.

I have chosen Vincent Chang as someone whose work I admire. He is a graduate of Multimedia at Notts Trent and has gone on to gain a lot of experience in the industry. Firstly Compositing at Escape Studios, Freelance Studio Operator at RJDM Animations then at the companiesThree Sixty Ltd, Mobius MC Ltd and Different Digital Design Ltd. This shows a range of experience and a wider base of knowledge gained from working in different creative teams.  

He now works at the studio Double Negative Visual Effects that produce impressive work on huge films such as Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Paul (2011), Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (2010) and Inception (2010). These films contain effects that have raised the bar for realistic effects and enthralling audiences.

Double Negatives 2011 Showreel


This link directs to the show reel of the companies work in 2011 including Inception which won awards from the BAFTAS, 
2011 Orange British Academy Film Awards, Visual Effects Society awards and Oscars. The work that has been specifically credited was Limbo City, the Paris fold-over sequence and the fortress explosion.


 Vincent Chang works in a creative, exciting environment with imaginative people who create objects and environments that bring a film to life. 
This skill of creative production is something I wish to further develop.
I have previously studied Art and Design and produced these pieces of experimental work as part of a project. 




These are experiments with live video projection on the rear of my house as part of a 'Great Britain?' project. It was a test to play with the scale of images and the impact they had on the viewer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment